An excellent, premium quality, low odour anti mould coating guaranteed to protect against unsightly and unhygienic black mould even when there is persistent condensation. The unsurpassed performance is achieved by combining modern paint technology with highly advanced, proven biocides. The anti mould biocide is combined throughout the paint film, which is formulated to impart toughness, elasticity, water resistance and durability to the finish.
Ideal for walls and ceilings in private and social housing and a wide range of public and commercial buildings. It is fully washable and resistant to the effects of condensation when the coating is fully dried out.
We recommend using our MOULD WASH CONCENTRATE as pre-wash treatment . This treatment will kill all spores and moulds in the surface before re-decorating. It's important to clean and wash any existing dirt and moulds for a long lasting mould free finish. See our technical sheet below.
• Guaranteed for a minimum of FIVE YEARS to prevent the recurrence of Black Mould
• Approved under HSE Control of Pesticides 1986 Regulations as a surface biocide
treatment against mould growth
• Easy to use and cost effective.
We have 13 colours of anti mould available please note the colours were taken in natural daylight so may appear slighty different under another light source or computer monitor type. We can tint light pastel colours but you will need to contact us
The ACS Anti mould Emulsion will help compliance with Section 82 (Statutory Nuisance), Chapter 43 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, either used alone or part of various strategies to prevent condensation and mould growth in both private and public tenanted accommodation.
Advanced Chemical Specialties Ltd offer the reassurance of a full technical support and advisory service for condensation and mould growth to assist with specification queries or general problems.
Preparation is straightforward and very similar to normal good decorative practice
1. Remove any loose material such as old paint, grease, dirt, mould or defective wallpaper.
After dilution ACS Mould Wash Concentrate can be used for “wetting in” purposes when removing wallpaper.
2. Make good any defects in the surface and rub down to a smooth finish.
3. Wash and clean all surfaces (walls, ceilings, window frames and joinery) using diluted ACS Mould Wash Concentrate. If necessary clean badly affected areas a second time.
4. Allow to dry thoroughly.
5. If necessary, apply an appropriate primer or sealer to new, unprimed or porous plaster and wooden surfaces or bare metal.
6. For new or porous plaster surfaces use ACS Anti mould Emulsion thinned up to 10% with clean tap water as normal good practice. Allow to dry thoroughly.
After priming metal surfaces should be painted with two coats ACS Acrylic Gloss (P).
1. Apply ACS Antimould Emulsion using brush or roller.
2. STIR THOROUGHLY BEFORE USE.
3. Apply two coats ACS Anti mould Emulsion allowing sufficient drying time between coats.
4. Clean equipment with clean tap water before the paint dries.
5. ACS Anti mould Emulsion must not be covered with any other paint or wallpaper.
N.B. If an unfinished, textured wallpaper (blown vinyl, woodchip) or similar is to be used then it should be hung after the ACS Mould Wash Concentrate has fully dried. The wallpaper should be coated with ACS Anti mould Emulsion as above.
Health and Safety
The product is approved under the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 for use as directed (HSE No. 6308). In use the product is very similar to conventional high quality emulsion paint; refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before using the product.